Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2007 Ford Taurus 6cyl. Check engine light came on…

I have a 2007 Ford...
I have a 2007 Ford Taurus 6cyl. Check engine light came on and I had it checked at shop . I replaced the EGR and had auto zone reset it but check engine light continues to stay on and refers to EGR . WhT should I do next .
12/18/2017
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Can you tell me the actual fault code your getting?

I will see if I can get

Please do and post back with it and we can work from there.

Thanks

Your welcome.

p041

Are you sure its not P0401? There is no code P041

I’m sorry it’s P0401

Okay thank you for that, the common cause for the code P0401 to set on your 2007 is not a bad EGR valve but instead a failing DPFE sensor (Differential Pressure Feedback EGR Sensor) and in most cases replacing the sensor will solve this code. I have enclosed the location for it in the first link below as well as the replacement steps for it in the second link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nb8whtekilvuhmc/DPFE%20Dec%2021.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u4vzs7wir26bwto/DPFE%20replace%20Dec%2021.pdf?dl=0

Do a lot of places think that code is EGR

The code is an EGR control code and in your case it indicates the DPFE sensor has failed. This sensor reads exhaust pressure and feeds that information to the computer in order to control EGR flow through the EGR valve.

Thanks so much . You’ve always gave me the best information . I haven’t seen you in a while and thought you might not be on sight . I’m putting you in favorites .

Glad to hear that and as always your very welcome and I thank you as well. I've been here 10 years now and I'm not going anyplace and always here if you need me. Please take a moment to rate my service at the top right hand side of the page so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician