Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2011 f150 4x4 my trucks engines seems to bog down when

Customer Question
2011 f150 4x4...

2011 f150 4x4 my trucks engines seems to bog down when shifting into third gear. after it shifts out to sixth gear you can also hear it bogging down during heavy acceleration or going up a hill

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

Original with 197k Haven't notice any leaking

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just staring this weekend and try to figure out the issue before carry to have repaired

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

4x4 shifting gives check 4x4 when shifted in to***** recently started

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
12/18/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Is the check engine light coming on?

Have you checked the fuel pressure?

no engine light and have no way of checking fuel pressure

The problem you are describing sounds very much like you have either a fuel pressure concern or possibly a restricted exhaust and with the number of miles you have on the truck one or both are possible. I would start first with having the fuel pressure tested while the problem is occurring. Fuel pressure can be checked with a full scan tool. Which engine do you have in your F 150?

5.4

Normal fuel pressure on your F140 5.4 needs to be right at 55 to 60 PSI and if its dropping below 55 then you have either a weak fuel pump or a restricted fuel filter. Has the filter been serviced in the last 30,000 miles?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician