Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

F150 5.4 runs great, then when engine turned off will not…

Customer Question
F150 5.4 runs great...

F150 5.4 runs great, then when engine turned off will not restart. Wail maybe 15 minutes then will restart.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

90,000 miles, automatic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fix myself, just don't know what to eliminate before the fuel pump

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
12/18/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

What does it do when your trying to start but no start?