Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have '08 tauras. When accelerating above 50 mph I get what I…

Customer Question
Have '08 tauras. When...

Have '08 tauras. When accelerating above 50 mph I get what I call a 'hiccup'

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?

It is an 08 tauras. no service has been performed on the transmission I am aware of.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '08 Ford?

Limited.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have done nothing to the vehicle. Ford service said it probable needsa an engine tuneup.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
12/18/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

How many miles on the engine?

Has the computer system been scanned to see if the system is detecting an engine misfire?

A little over 100,000. No

Okay with the number of miles you have on the engine the hiccup your feeling may very well be an engine misfire and you are likely due for a spark plug change if this has not been done already. The spark plugs are due for a change at 100,000 miles. I would consider having this done as well as having the computer system scanned to see if there are any fault codes coming up and if so they would need to be addressed. An engine misfire will normally show up during a scan as well. One other thing you should consider having done at this mileage would be to have the fuel injector professionally cleaned.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician