Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2010 f 150 blower motor runs ,then fizzles out. Replaced…

Customer Question
2010 f 150 blower...

2010 f 150 blower motor runs ,then fizzles out. Replaced blower resistor , no change

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

243,000 km and automatic.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 Ford?

Xlt

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes Replaced blower resistor now, before checked all fuses and removed all pertainent relays looked OK.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Blower motor or something else.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
12/17/2017
Ford Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** am a Ford technician and I would be happy to answer this for you.

If you have replaced the resistor and are still having this issue then the problem is in the blower motor assembly. These have a tendency to run hot, and when they start to overheat they will shut off, almost like how a circuit breaker operates. I would get a new blower motor and then retest it. Let me know if you have any further questions :)