Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2002 ford e 350 blower not working. changed the blower motor…

Customer Question
2002 ford e 350...

2002 ford e 350 blower not working. changed the blower motor resistor yesterday. still not working

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

170,000 automatic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Check fuses, replaced blower motor resistor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

People telling me about filter sensors, fluid sensors, egr vacuum solenoid...possibilities?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
12/17/2017
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Does the blower fan work at any speeds at all?

What liter engine does your model have and do you have auto or manual heater and ac controls?

Do you have a test light or multi meter to test electrical at all?

Let me know so we can continue, thanks, Pete.

Blower doesnt work at any speed. dont know liter engine size, 8 cyl., i have a multimeter, change blower resistor yesterday

Were power and ground signals tested at the blower motor at all?

no

Do you have manual heat and ac controls or manual?Auto would usually have auto temp settings and auto fan speeds.

Has a speed selector switch (analog). manual a/c and heat selector (analog)

O.k.,at the blower motor test to see if you have at or near 12 volts DC on the orange/red wire with the ground lead on the meter connected to a good ground source and let me know.

Ok. that's going to take some time. maybe i should just bring it in and call it a day.

Without further testing its hard to say for sure from here what is causing this issue but the other 2 cases are:

The blower motor itself

The heater/ac control panel on the dash

Loose or damaged wiring leading to the blower, blower resistor or heater/ac control unit

Most common when the resistor does not fix the issue is the blower motor itself needing replaced.In allot of cases if it is the blower motor you can tap on it while the blower is switched on and if it starts to run or tries to run then the blower needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

Pete, Auto Service Technician