Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Dashboard still no lights. Did a radio swap today.

Customer Question
Dashboard still no lights. Did...

Dashboard still no lights.

Did a radio swap today.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

Aftermarket ( sony xplod) popped a fuse. Replaced the fuse and now there isn’t any lights coming on when I turn the ignition on. Engine doesn’t crank either. Checked fuses and relays. All seems in order. Just the ignition problem now

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

Ford figo 2013

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Checked all fuses and relays. Disconnected the battery and reconnected. Still nothing. Only lights thats on is the odo meter and the anti hi***** *****ght

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that’s it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
12/17/2017
Ford Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 2 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

remove the aftermarket stereo and put the stock one back in and the stock wiring back to normal.

Done. Original radio coming on. Asking for a key code.
Problem for the dash remains the same

unfortunately, we are not allowed to give out codes any longer per Just Answer due to liability issues. You will need to contact your local dealer and they will be more than happy to help you as long as you provide proof of ownership. Thank you.

Well, you could’ve just said check the side of the glove box. ‘Coz it’s printed on a sticker there.
So i got the right code and the radio works.
Dashboard still no lights.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician