Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Engine starts but has no power until it warms up, then runs…

Customer Question
Engine starts but has...

Engine starts but has no power until it warms up, then runs fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

It is consistent when it's a cold engine. It's the 4.9 L

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

93 f150 4.9 with auto

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Cleaned some of the connections, and checked the EGR. I think it is a sensor, but not sure which one

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Front fuel tank is not working, runs fine on rear tank, but when switched to front tank it dies. I would just bypass it if I could.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/17/2017
Ford Mechanic: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, is the check engine light on and if so have you retrieved any diagnostic codes?

then the CE light goes out when it warms up and runs fine.
Have not run codes

Thanks for the additional information. You can pull the codes using a test light and jumper wire. (I'll post how below) Let me know what you find and we can continue.