Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I just bought a used 05 explorer v6 I have a couple

Customer Question
Hi. I just bought...

Hi. I just bought a used 05 explorer v6 I have a couple questions it's got close to 170,000 ml this is our 3rd one. Lol we love um. The dome light are on when I drive it when it's parked and won't turn off

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?

Didn't get a Manuel itsslef used we just bought it and we're the 3rd owner

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

If it's easy I will the mountaineer had the same issue but it lastedlike 3 days

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes. The review view mirror it has a power button on it why and what's it for

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
12/17/2017
Ford Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 7 months ago
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok

possible causes

cluster dimmer switch commanded on. that will keep the dome lights on

bad door switch not opening when the door is closed.

shorted wire in harness for the dome lights

light control module

if you have a scan tool, you can view the light control module and find out which door or switch is causing the issue

Roy

do you have any other questions???

Roy

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy