Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The alarm keeps going off in my 2002 Ford Escape after

Customer Question
having sat with the battery...
The alarm keeps going off in my 2002 Ford Escape after having sat with the battery dead for a couple of months. I don't have the keyless remote, and putting the key in the ignition and starting the car doesn't have any effect. I've pulled the horn fuse, but the flashers keep triggering - opening any door after the alarm resets just triggers it again. How do I reset the alarm (or disable?) Can I purchase a replacement key fob with an alarm button and pair it with my Escape or do I need a locksmith or dealer to make that happen? Thanks!
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
12/17/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 9 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Just so I understand you can start the vehicle and the horn and turn signals keep flashing?

What does the theft light do with the engine off and key in the run position?

I will test and confirm light behavior on Sunday - thanks Chris

Thanks

Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 8 months ago

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

I’ll check the dash light status in the am and post

Thanks