Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2006 ford explorer speedometer arm is illuminated red, but…

Customer Question
2006 ford explorer speedometer...

2006 ford explorer speedometer arm is illuminated red, but the mph ring is not so you can't tell how fast you're going at night.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
12/17/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

As long as the other gauges are illuminating correct and it not 1 of the 4 bulbs behind the cluster blown then your concern is the individual lighting within the cluster which is not something that can be replaced. You can only replace the cluster to address that. Here are the steps to replace the bulbs if that is what is wrong. https://www.dropbox.com/s/npv6j1bz3qa1lrr/clusterbulb.pdf?dl=0

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris