Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Brand new ,at 700 mi turned on mirror defrost and arms

Customer Question
Brand new ,at 700...

Brand new ,at 700 mi turned on mirror defrost and arms started to mely. was told by dealer it was something my insurance Company needed to address . Is there a recall on this

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

F350 2017, now has 1400 mi

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Its brand new no I am not working on it ,have had 3 weeks ,service rep told me to not use defrost

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing other than what I have told you, Warranty underwriter says he thinks it was vandalism but I think I would have noticed at 70 mph

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
12/16/2017
Ford Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** am a Ford technician and would be happy to assist you with this.

If this happened on the vehicle with it being this new then I am going to think it was a build defect of some sort. This is not an insurance issue and should be taken care of by Ford.

Exactly what part melted? If you could upload a picture that would help a lot