Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 1995 F150 4.9 liter that I have a problem with. On…

Customer Question
I have a 1995...

I have a 1995 F150 4.9 liter that I have a problem with. On several occasions after setting for several hours it will not start. Engine cranks good but will not think about starting until check engine light goes off. Does this in morning after sitting all night and/or the afternoon after working all day. Once started runs like it has since new. It does seem to be more prevalent during cold weather but also in the summer. Seems as if ECM does not completely finish diagnosis while starting. Engine oil pressure does come up while cranking but doesn't effect the starting problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Had it at an ASE shop for 2 weeks but they could reproduce problem no codes fuel pressure normal

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Like I said 95 4.9 with 330k bought new

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
12/17/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mike, Auto Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Mike, Auto Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen years of experience in the automotive industry for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

Two common problems are the ECM and the TPS sensor. Give me the TPS voltage reading with and without it connected