Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2002 ford mustang 6cyl. i changed plugs,wires, fuel filter…

Customer Question
2002 ford mustang 6cyl...

2002 ford mustang 6cyl. i changed plugs,wires, fuel filter cleaned fuel lines and re-installed them changed the oil and oil filter the car ran before i did the work and started and ran after for several hours the n we shut it down for the night and went to start it up today (for my daughters 16th birthday) and it cranks but wont start i check to make sure the fuel filter was clear and installed in the correct direction and it was i pulled a spark plug and checked for spark and there is I replaced the air filter and it should have appropriate air flow I also installed a new battery today!

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?

No we just installed a new battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mustang yourself? What have you tried so far?

It was running but past due for a tuneup, so i replaced the spark plugs, wires, air filter, fuel filter. removed fuel lines, cleaned and replaced. checked all electrical connections. replaced the battery. for our daughters birthday today, the car started running, ran fine for several hours. we shut it off last night, went to start it this morning and it would not start. once again i removed the fuel filter to insure it was installed correctly, i removed a spark plug to make sure it was getting spark and it was. checked the fuel pump reset switch, the button had not moved (the button does feel stuck, not moving). car cranks but will not turn over. please help

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/16/2017
Ford Mechanic: AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN replied 7 months ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

Thank you for your question. My name isCustomerand I will be happy to assist you today. I am reviewing the details now.

Have you checked for spark and fuel while cranking?

How about for codes in the computer?

would you be willing to speak on the phone?

But does this costmoreforyou to call me?

YES phone calls are extra sir.