Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2011 mustang 5.0.key stuck in ignition. Fuses good. Car goes…

Customer Question
2011 mustang 5.0.key stuck...

2011 mustang 5.0.key stuck in ignition. Fuses good. Car goes into park with button requested. Got it out only after battery disconnected

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Yes and no at the locksmith now he reports no damage with key or it's housing

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mustang yourself? What have you tried so far?

Everything . Switched gears turned wheels disconnected battery. Checked fuses

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
12/17/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

The shifter sends a signal to the ignition cylinder that powers a coil to allow key removal. We need to do some electrical diagnostics at both the shifter and switch to figure this out. Is that something you can do?

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris