Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2011 550 with a 6.7 diesel and it over heats. Both.

Customer Question
I have a 2011...

I have a 2011 550 with a 6.7 diesel and it over heats

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?

Yes both

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 550 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Is there any way we could talk on the phone would be lot easier

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
12/16/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Does it overheat while towing or hauling or just driving?

Does it lose coolant from boiling over?

What have you done so far?