Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Getting a message that says shutting down system to save…

Customer Question
Getting a message that...

Getting a message that says shutting down system to save battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

12 .6 when shut down 13,89 when running

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '12 Ford?

2016 ford ford explorer limited

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

Put a charger on battery just to be sure and it ran fine for 2 days before saw message again.called classic ford and they cant look at it until jan 3rd

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
12/16/2017
Ford Mechanic: Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech replied 7 months ago
Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

If this message is displaying with the engine running then there is a software fault in the sync system and the software will need to be reloaded at the dealer. Based on your readings, it will be safe to drive until the dealer can get you in.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Did you need any further assistance? The question is showing "waiting for customer response"