Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

12il in radiator, Tremendous amount of exhaust smoke until…

Customer Question
12il in radiator, Tremendous...

12il in radiator, Tremendous amount of white exhaust smoke until warm

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?

101,000, 1/2" of oil in radiator. No loss of water . no loss of oil, no oil in water. Somokes horrible whute till warm, racing enfgine bring tons of black smoke,. Almost disappears when warm but shows up white in a mile or so. Runs great. Has a 2004 edge products programmer and 4" exhaust. Replaced 3 injectors at "bubbas" garage and all was well for a while, Then got talked into one of those oil change store injector cleaning preventive maintence deals. ran okay for 200 miles. woner if busted sleeves on the new injectors could do this.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '04 Ford?

F350 suo]perduty 7.3 automatic dually

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No and nothing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Some say white smoke is head gasket but all the smoke smells like exhaust to me.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
12/16/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

If you have engine oil in the coolant you have injector cups faulty or there is a concern with cracks within the heads allowing the oil and coolant ports to mix. Have you done any pressure testing to try and find the source?

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician