Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

What isn't is the real question. assist not avilable,

Customer Question
What isn't is the...

What isn't is the real question

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Ford. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Hill assist not avilable, traction control button no longer works and is turned off, air bag light is on, defrosters do not work, bluetooth acts weird

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
This happened whenever my amplifier wire touched the ground, and messed everything, however I need to know what I need to replace, the ECM? the airbag module? Both?
12/16/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 9 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Can I get the year make and model?

I can help on all of these issues but the Bluetooth.

Which wire color touched the ground?

Do you know what codes are stored?

I do not know what codes, because a normal OBDII scanner doesn't show any issues, the power from the amp touched the ground. I have a 2014 ford focus ST.

You may not have a good enough scan tool to diagnose these concerns. When the violet/red wire touched ground did it blow fuse 10 in the rear junction box?

Are you referring to the fuse box located below my tail light? on the fuse box diagram I see only F10, which states it isn't used, the AMP's fuses were however in tact.

Apparently, your car does not match the Ford diagrams. Which fuses did you check for the DSP amp?

I checked every fuse that is directly related to my issue, the amp was installed aftermarket, so I did not have the same st2 or st3 amp wiring.

Since it is aftermarket is the amp wired to the OEM wiring or wired directly to the battery?

It was directly to the battery

So at this point, a better scan tool is needed.

I have a friend who is a mechanic, he has a much more expensive reader from snap-on, He flashed the 14 or so codes he saw, but the lights came back on the next start up. I will reach back out when I have the codes

Codes will only go away once diagnosed and repairs made. Just resetting them with a scan tool will not address these issues.

Hence why I am reaching out to an expert, rather my friend haha

Once I know the codes I can give you answers. All I can do now is just guess. There are about 800 possible codes to guess from.

100% understandable

Thanks