Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

On my way home from work today I heard a big bang on the…

Customer Question
On my way home...

On my way home from work today I heard a big bang on the passenger side. This happened shortly after I turned off the heat. I drove the freeway another 5 miles home. There was very little smoke when I opened the hood. On the water pump I could see radiator fluid puddled. Very little fluid. I looked every where around the engine for a leek but found nothing. What did I do?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the color and consistency of the fluid? And where exactly are you finding it?

Its green and water consistency. I used Orange fluid to fill it last year and its pudding just behind the water pump.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

1990 f 250 4x4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and nothing...

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
12/16/2017
Ford Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 2 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

What size engine does your truck have in it?

Not quite sure. V8 lariet 250

Can you post the vin number so I can look it up for you?

1FTEF26NXLKB61547

Thank you. according to the vin you should have a v8 5.0 in your truck. Have you checked the fluid level in the radiator?

In September I did when I tested it.

The first thing you need to do is check the level and see how low it is. Can you send me a pic of the fluid pooled up around the water pump please?

I can't get it to work.

That is ok. Did you check the coolant level in the radiator to see how low it was?

No...forget it. Just cancel my subscription and refund my money please.

ok

Ron, ASE Certified Technician