Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Can you tell me what wire is a switch power? Want something…

Customer Question
Can you tell me what...
Can you tell me what wire is a switch power? Want something to just come on when the key is turned on but turn off when I turn the key off. 2016 Ford F-150 XLT Sport.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/16/2017
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 7 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, do you want to tie in directly at the ignition switch?

Is it a push button start or does it use an ignition key?

No. Just somewhere out of the kick panel fuse box.

Ok if you want to get power source from the fuse panel with the key on only, you would have to tap into one of the fuses that are hot when the key is turned to on, so it wont be a great connection unless the fuse panel has an empty slot to hook up to when the key is in the on position. So any of the empty fuse slots may be used if they are hot when the key is on. Just verify the power supply using a voltmeter.

Do you need more help with this concern?

I do not have any empty fuses in the kick panel fuse block.
Then it would be in your best interest to come off of the ignition switch when the key is on. Tap into that power supply