Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2002 explorer. I had to jump start it because I use…

Customer Question
I have a 2002...

I have a 2002 explorer. I had to jump start it because I use it seasonally for*****

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

I fully charged battery. Lights work and do not dimthe THEFT LIGHT IS BLINKING ON THE CLUSTER

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

After fully charging battery. Explorer will not even crank.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Theft lite blinks on cluster

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
12/15/2017
Ford Mechanic: Boxer54, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Boxer54
Boxer54, ASE Certified Technician
Thank you for trusting us with your questions. I will do my best to help you. Do you have more than one key?
Ford Mechanic: dainne-cssm,
 replied 7 months ago
dainne-cssm
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. http://www.justanswer.com/ford/avfk5-2002-explorer-jump-start-use.html. Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Ford Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

Do you have the correct key that was programmed to work with your vehicle?