Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Can 2010 rear ranger disk brakes be used to convert 2009…

Customer Question
Can 2010 rear ranger...

Can 2010 rear ranger disk brakes be used to convert 2009 ranger rear brakes

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Are these the orignial brakes?

Yes original brakes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

I looked for 2009 ranger rear disk brake conversion kit but did not find one.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No just want to know how to convert 2009 ranger rear drum to disk

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
12/15/2017
Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 9 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Yes you can. That is the only system that you can use to do it. There are no aftermarket kits for the 2009. I have a friend that used the 2010 on a 2007. That is how I know it can be done.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?

Do you need more time to resolve the issue?