Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Four wheel drive not engaging and front abs seems to be

Customer Question
Four wheel drive not...

Four wheel drive not engaging and front abs seems to be stuck in the on position

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? And have the brakes been squeaking?

Yes and no. I feel the anti lock come on even on dry pavement

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

1999 xlt*****

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Rear speed sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

New brakes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
12/14/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

What model vehicle is this?

Is the ABS light on while driving?

When you select high or low 4x4 do the dash lights come on?

No abs light and the 4x4 lights do come on. At low speeds the abs engages for no reason. And the truck won't stop. I have to put it in nuteral and the brake work.

Thanks

What model vehicle is this Ranger 150 250 350 ?

Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris