Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I went out to start my 2010 edge and it wouldnt, battery…

Customer Question
Hello, i went out...

Hello, i went out to start my 2010 edge and it wouldnt, battery seems dead for no reason, remotes are good but not working and the key wont open the door

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

I am a mechanic, but dont know these cars, battery started the car fine yesterday at -25 i cant open the hood either

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 Ford?

Edge

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well i cant do anything until i can open the hood, and i cant do that until i can get into the car

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Dont think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/14/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

SO to get the hood open you may have to have someone pull the lever repeatably while you pull on hood to open

As i said, i cant get into the car and the door wont unlock
ok, got hood open, door lock was frozen at the latch. I have a small booster on the battery
the car is started now, i boosted from my truck

oh good im glad everything is working now, more than likley its just a bad battery

I think i left my dash cam on

that would do it too, I would charge it back up and have it load tested, any auto store will do that for free

I do have another question, my cruise control isnt working, fuse is good. my OBD meter says switch is out of range, i cant find a useful answer anywhere, do you know what switch is the problem?

do you have any other steering wheel controls giving you problems?