Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I put in a new alternator and sparked the hot wire going to…

I put in a new...
I put in a new alternator and sparked the hot wire going to the alternator. Now it want start. Ford F-350. 60 Diesel
Can you help me? Tia
Jim
12/14/2017
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

When you say it will not start does the engine crank over and not start or is this a no crank?

It cranks over good, want start. If you spray wd40 it will start in the. breather. We sparked the alternator wire when I was changing the alternator.

If you take a 12 volt test light and or a voltmeter do you have power to the fuses in the interior fuse panel?

The fuel pump circuit is powered by the fuse 40 located in the interior fuse panel, do you have key on cranking power in and out of it?

I will continue to text then, so I don't have to pay the extra.

Haven't received any responses?

I posted in my last response. See the same post again in the link below.

I answered, guess it didn't go thru.
Yes was the answer

Are you hearing the fuel pump cycle on when you turn the key on?

we can hear the pump working

Okay then its not a fuel pump and or the circuit to it issue here, I suspect you are dealing with a blown fuse and or even a fuse link wire but its hard to say which one without some hands-on testing, have you checked all the fuse in the interior fuse panel to see if any are blown?

we are now checking in line fuse

There is three on the Right-hand side of the engine compartment see if you can locate them and check to see if you have power in and out of them.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Jeremy
Jeremy, Diesel Cyber Engineer
Phone call session started
Ron, ASE Certified Technician