Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2008 ford f250 super duty. Ive put it in 4x4 low…

Customer Question
I have a 2008...

I have a 2008 ford f250 super duty. Ive put it in 4x4 low and now its stuck in that setting. I can turn the dial to*****and 4 high but it wont activate

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have power steering? Have you checked the power steering fluid?

Yes i do have power steering fluid.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F-250 Super Duty yourself? What have you tried so far?

Ive tried stopping putting it in nuetral and switching to 4 high and*****and nothing happened and than i tried going at a slow speed and switching to different settings and again nothing.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
12/14/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 4 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

lets try a master reset first in vcases it was the module

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .the reason we do that is to take any residual power in the wiring harness to try to reset the modules ,and there will be no spark created touching them since we took battery power source out of the loop by taking both cables off

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

please let me know

Do i disconnect both batteries? i have a super duty with 2

yes both batteries please, but as far touching cables just do it on one

When you say touching cables do you mean the ends of the cables together for 30 min or the whole cable togethwr?
Hello?

no ,end of cables 60 seconds

battery off the cables both ,30 minutes

sir i m sorry this is not texting so reply will depend on internet speed ,sorry not me

Sorry about that. okay i will try that
Oh no worries , take your time , just do not think I left , let me know what happens
Will do and so this will drop it back into 2wd after words?
I m hoping it is , unless we have transfer case actuator brobelms or the the transfer case module whic is common , but let s go step by step
I also want you to visually look at the transfer case actuator connector ,if it came loose
Okay so i started it up and still wont switch to***** also idk where the transfer case actuator connector is...
Where the transmission on transfer case meets, the actuator will be in side of case ,you will have to raise on lift or go unde it

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat