Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

My Expedition will not turn over and the anti theft light is…

Customer Question
My Expedition will not...

My Expedition will not turn over and the anti theft light is blinking rapidly

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you tried to reset the computer?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Expedition?

2012

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have disconnected my battery for 10 minutes and then tried to start it, i have put the key in the ignition and turned it 8 times and then pushed all the button son the keyfob and then tried to start it. I have tried to jump it as wel.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I went out to my car and unlocked it from the key pad, everything was normal untill i put my keo in the ignition, all power was lost. i couldnt do anything so I tried to jumo it and restored power to the locks and lights and radio but it still would not turn over

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
12/14/2017
Ford Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 2 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

Ok I can check it in the morning.

ok, please let me know if its ok or not. thanks

I replaced the fuse and it still not turn over

ok, please styandby

if the fuse is ok, and the theft light is still flashing rapidly when trying to start the vehicle, then the PATS system has dumped the key code.

I need to take it to a Ford Dealership?

you need to have the key reprogrammed. either by the dealer or a lock smith

can I help with anything else?

No thank you

good luck,

hows it going?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician