Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I am having a vibration problem with my truck when braking…

Customer Question
I am having a vibration...
I am having a vibration problem with my truck when braking or decelerating from speeds over 25 it shakes the truck horribly I brought it into Ntb and untop of several things the most likely cause was my passenger upper control arm I have changed that on top of several other things I will list at the bottom any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated thanks again
2001 Ford F-150 Larit 5.4 v8 4x4 vin:L
Parts changed:
Passenger upper control arm
Passenger inner and outter tie rods
Brakes and rotors
Both front hub assembly’s
Driver cv axel
Brake booster and master cylinder
All shocks
All new tires
Idler arm
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
12/14/2017
Ford Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 2 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

When this is happening does the steering wheel oscillate back and forth? Do you feel the vibration more in the front or seat of your pants?or

Ron, ASE Certified Technician