Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

ENGINE JUST WENT CLUNK AND LOCKED UP. 176000 RAN BEAUTIFUL…

Customer Question
ENGINE JUST WENT CLUNK...

ENGINE JUST WENT CLUNK AND LOCKED UP

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?

176000 RAN BEAUTIFUL BEFORE THIS

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2004 F150 2004 F150

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

TRIED NOTHING CAN NOT FIX MYSELF BEEN A MECHANIC IN PAST I JUST AM LOOKING FOR POSSIBLE CAUSE

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

FOR MY INFO IS THIS AN INTERFERANCE MOTOR IF CAM CHAIN JUMPS

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
12/13/2017
Ford Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 7 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

Can you post the vin number please so I can look up the correct information on your truck please?

1FTRW14W74W74KB13612
NOT CALLING EITHER HELP OREFUND MY MONEY

Yes the 4.6 liter engine in your truck is an interference engine.

I WAS AFRAID OF THAT I GUESS IT'S TIME TO FIND A MOTOR

Now as for what would cause the engine to just size up, There is a long list of possibles.

The first thing I need to know is what where you doing just before it locked up?