Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1988 ford F150 6cly 5spd will not start of key hot wired…

Customer Question
1988 ford F150 6cly...

1988 ford F150 6cly 5spd will not start of key hot wired fuse for fuel pump and hot wired fuse for ignition and that made it run no lights in dash when you turn the key on checked all the fusable links replaced compurtor in kick panel ???

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

All fuses when yu hot wire the fuse for ingnition light will come on in dash

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am a mechanic and I am fixin it myseif if you look at my first message you will see what I have done

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Someone else did replace the rear gas tank pump it has 2 tanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
12/13/2017
Ford Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

Have you replaced the electrical ignition switch and checked connector on steering column for the switch for problems?