Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My icon with a truck and lock is flashing and my truck will…

Customer Question
My icon with a...

My icon with a truck and lock is flashing and my truck will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No I have not

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

F 250 /2009

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just turn the key and cried

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
12/13/2017
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Your vehicles theft system has engaged.If you have a second key try it and see it it starts then.If it does then the fault is with the first key needing replaced.If you do not have a second key or if it does not start it as well try locking and unlocking the doors with your key or remote and see if it then starts.

If these do not work then, unfortunately, a theft component has failed and is causing this issue here.This can be the immobilizer sensor that reads the key at fault needing replaced.What needs to be done from here, unfortunately, is to have the fault codes read out with a fully compatible scan tool/computer plugged into your vehicles data port to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue.This will help to locate the failed theft component.

I don't see a manual theft relearn for your model but another thing that can be tried or done is to have the theft system reprogrammed.This is done with a dealers computer plugged into your vehicle.I wish I had an easy resolution to this for you here but unfortunately, I do not when it comes to the theft system on your model vehicle here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete