Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Dies while driving. 2016 Transi connect. It's in the body…

Customer Question
Dies while driving. Mechanic's...

Dies while driving.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2016 Transi connect

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. It's in the body shop cause it died and lost all power to the PS an PB and loses control and hit another car.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

It only occurs when my wife is driving the car alone.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
12/13/2017
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 5 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set with this issue here.If any codes are set this will help to locate and repair this fault.If the issue is that it stalls out while driving but she still had all electrical power and the issue acted only as if the engine dies out this may be a fault with the crank position sensor itself.A crank sensor acting up can be a common cause for this type of fault here.If you can get the codes checked and post the code info here this will help just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician