Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have 2012 Ford Edge and the automatic liftgate stopped…

Customer Question
I have 2012 Ford Edge...
I have 2012 Ford Edge and the automatic liftgate stopped working. I replaced the liftgate motor but it does not seem to have any power. The latch is working fine and both liftgate supports are new as well.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
12/12/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

OK have you checked and verified power at all the fuses for the circuit there are 3

I have not. Not sure where those are

fuse 7 in underhood panel, 9 and 25 on the drivers kick panel, with key on engine off check power at each one

hows it coming?