Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I'm researching purchasing a 2005 ford excursion. It's a…

Customer Question
I'm researching purchasing a...

I'm researching purchasing a 2005 ford excursion. It's a 2005 and has the 6 liter

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Excursion yourself? What have you tried so far?

50,000 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Does he think its a solid purchase?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
12/12/2017
Ford Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 2 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

G​ood evening, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** am a Ford technician and would be happy to give you some insight.

​50,000 on an '05 is not bad at all. How does it run? Does the seller have any of the service/maintenance records available?

Im purchasing from a dealership, that’s supposedly consigning the vehicle. It’s seems to run well, but after reading reviews it’s got me a little gun shy

What is that has you holding back? Motor reviews?

Gotcha, that is what makes most people double think the earlier models. The 6.0 is a hit or miss motor, some require a lot of work, while others do just fine and never need much repair, it all depends on previous maintenance as well as driving history usually

Ron, ASE Certified Technician