Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2002 Ford F150 after being driven for a while will turn over…

Customer Question
2002 Ford F150 after...

2002 Ford F150 after being driven for a while will turn over and not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

I have power but it will not start it'll turn over

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I'm stranded in a parking lot

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It happened two days ago as well but then it started

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
12/12/2017
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 7 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, it died while driving or you shut it off and now it wont restart? It cranks but wont run? Does the red THEFT lamp blink fast when you turn the key to on or does it stay on steady and then go out?

Stays on steady then goes out

Ok so it cranks over normally just wont start? Do you hear the fuel pump kick on when you cycle the key to on? Will it try and run a few seconds if you spray carb cleaner into the intake?