Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have a pssting noise from the right side manifold or gasket…

Customer Question
Have a pssting noise...

Have a pssting noise from the right side manifold or gasket how do I find out for sure if it is leaking?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue? What size is your engine?

Customer:(###) ###-####e 250 ford

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to make up my mind had two shops tell me it's a crack but neither even looked under the hood

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How do I determine if it is the gasket or the manifold

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
12/12/2017
Ford Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

You could use a rubber hose and hold one end up to your ear and probe manifold area with other end of hose. This way you will hear exactly where it is leaking.

If no other questions can you please enter a 5 star rating so I can get credit for helping you today. Thanks.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.