Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Replaced cyl heads 97 e150 4.6 now will not go into gear.

Customer Question
Replaced cyl heads 97...

Replaced cyl heads 97 e150 4.6 now will not go into gear

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

Where is the brake switch located? did not do anything to transmission

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

We replaced reworked heads

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/11/2017
Ford Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 2 months ago
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

do you mean the shifter will not come out of park???

Roy

when we move the shiftier to put in gear nothing happens. we never disconnected the shiftier or the transmission

check the linkage at the trans and make sure it is connected and moving.

check the fluid level.

other than that, I would drop the pan and check the filter and look for debris in he bottom of the pan.

you are right, there is no connection to the repair you did. just need to find out why this happened.

Roy

do you need any other help

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy

roy
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest