Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My sync has been acting up. It doesn't recognize voice

Customer Question
My sync has been...

My sync has been acting up. It doesn't recognize voice instructions, like when I ask it to call a number, the contact is not even close to what I said. Also, the clock on the display shows the time when I turn the truck on, but is stays on that time unless I turn the truck on and off

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2014 f-150

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I reset the sync but it still has the issues

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
12/11/2017
Ford Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** would be happy to assist you with this today.

​It sounds to me like we are having Sync microphone issues, I have seen similar issues happen quite often on these when they develop microphone issues. There is a microphone/Sync test but it requires a special tool from Ford to perform.

​Have you tried performing a battery reset on the truck?

No, I have reset the sync system in settings

O​kay it might be worth it at this point to attempt a master reset just to see if anything changes. This can be done by disconnecting both battery terminals and touching the cables together, leave it disconnected for 10 minutes and then retest

Last time a disconnected the battery the automatic step rails quit working. I had to take it to the dealership

O​kay well then in that case let's not do that, I don't want you to end up with a bigger headache from it. Other than resetting the system or testing the microphone there is not too many other steps we can go through for the Sync system. It may be worth a shot for you to call your dealer and see if there are any new software updates for either the radio or the sync module