Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have had my 2014 Ford Focus for 4 months. Until today

Customer Question
I have had my...

I have had my 2014 Ford Focus for 4 months. Until today there haven't been any problems. And as for driving it, there really isn't any problem. But the little indicator light "i" between gas gauge and temperature gauge keeps flickering red. It only comes on like that when I lock it with the key fob, not when it has been unlocked or when the car is running

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

I am not sure how to do that. But it was suggested that might be the problem so when I got home, I tried the spare key with the same results

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fixing it myself is not possible, being that I am a computer and care idiot. What I did try was to check all the doors, the back hatch and press a lot of buttons

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can I lock the car the old fashioned way and bypass using the remote. i

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
12/11/2017
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Pete, Mechanic

That light is normal. It comes on to tell you that the immobilizer has been activated. Once you put the key in the ignition and start the car it shuts off. You can just lock it with the key if you like.

.