Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

We put a new shifter kit in it and we cant find neutral. It…

Customer Question
We put a new...

We put a new shifter kit in it and we cant find neutral . It was locked in 4th gear when it broke down. How do we get it lined up with all the gears

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the vehicle have a fuse that enables or disables the shifter?

Not that I know of. Where would it be?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

1994 ford ranger 2.3

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and I just put a shifter repair kit in it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats about it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/10/2017
Ford Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 7 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

If you look down the hole where the shifter goes, you will see three aluminum pieces with a slot in the middle of them. If you move all three slots with a screw driver so they are all lined up centered in the hole this will be neutral. Each slide will have three positions, forward, center , and back. Start with the slide on the right, all the way back is first gear, all the way forward is second gear. Middle slide is all the way back for third gear, and all the way forward for forth. The slide on the left is all the way forward for revers gear and all the way back for 5th.