Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Changed battery in 2010 F150, turns over but does not start.

Customer Question
Changed battery in 2010...

Changed battery in 2010 F150, turns over but does not start. has fuel, no ignition

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

Was my son, and yes was his first time.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

This is second time has not started. first time, after he changed battery, did not start but started with no problems next day. that was 5 days ago.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, I suspect it may be electronic, I do plan on trying to repair myself tomorrow. Thank You

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
12/10/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So its cranking fine now?