Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am having low oil pressure problems with my 1970

Customer Question
I am having low...

I am having low oil pressure problems with my 1970 Lincoln/1972 Ford heads/ stock oil pan/pickup tube setup. I have looked into the Forem section on this website and sevderal people have addressed this issue, however, I see no positive answer to the problem. Also, where is this spring in the relief valve assembly they talk about increasing the spring pressure on? thank you, ***** ********@******.***.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is your oil pump? Has the check engine light come on?

I do not know how old the pump is, and I do not have an idiot light, just a pressure gauge.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '70 Ford?

It's a '68 body on a '74 F250 frame with the big Spicer 1 ton front axle hi-boy.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and I am a lousy / frustrated wrench turner with little experience . I finally go it running again after a miserable Summit cam, lifter, spring, and aluminum intake manifold with L&L header swap. The heads got rebuilt by Napa/Westbay auto parts and it has been a real not-so=fun experience!

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
12/10/2017
Ford Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Will you be doing this repair yourself ? I can give you pics and procedures to do so Or if you wish just the location of that pressure relief spring you asked about. Let me know and I will provide the info you need to proceed.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

I am here. But really hate the "bait and switch" crap. Already this website has my Visa #, and has twice asked for money and now wants another $26 for a simple phone call. Christ, what gives? I am a retired veteran on a pension and am really starting to wish I had not contacted you guys. what next?
How can you expect to be rated when I have not received a response, nor do I know if your response will fix the condition I have provided?
I think I would like to have you return my money and I will drive over to the Ford dealership and talk to a mechanic in person thanks anyway.

Hold on my friend , I have no power what the sight does I am just here to help you. As for the phone call the sight just offers this to let you know other options are available . But we can proceed texting if you wish. I have the info you requested so are we cool to proceed?

By the way I have worked for a Ford dealer for 15 years so I know I can help you and built my own ford race cars as well .

Sure, as long as the site does not want to keep asking for more of my pension!

Let me know so I can organize this info and send it off to you.

Hey I hear you as I am there as well, Give me till after dinner and I will have answers to all your questions -- DEAL?

Are you mailing your response, or Emailing it? If you are planning on mailing it I want my money back, because I do not wish to wait two days for your answer.
After dinner! Are you kidding? Just return my fee as I feel I do not want to waste any more time as it has been 6 months since my truck has been running and the trash needs to be taken to the transfer station as of a week ago. what a bogus website!
Whats the matter, are used to everybody you respond to having a 4th grade education ? no response certainly shows your true colors. later dude.

It takes time to gather the info to answer properly and in detail but if you can't wait a few minutes I'll pass you on.

Ford Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

Normally the oil pressure relief spring in within the oil pump assembly but not once did you ever say what engine this was, you just said it had 72 heads on it.

Also since you have the gauge, why don't you say what the pressure reading actually is instead of just saying it's low?