Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm replacing the cam shaft Synchronier sensor I'm having…

Customer Question
I'm replacing the cam...

I'm replacing the cam shaft Synchronier sensor I'm having problems putting it back in it wont go back in

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

The synchronier it self

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2000 f150 4.2 v6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I got it apart now trying to put the new part in it wont go back in what am I doing wrong

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I cant get the rod to go down

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
12/10/2017
Ford Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 4 months ago
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

the oil pump drive has 6 sides on it. if it wont go down, slowly rotate the engine until it drops down. then go back to where you were to be sure it is correctly installed.

Roy

pictures coming

INSTALLATION

CAUTION: The Syncro Positioning Tool must be obtained prior to installation of the new camshaft synchronizer assembly. Failure to follow this procedure will result in the fuel system being out of time with the engine, possibly causing engine damage.

Zoom/Print

1. Install the Syncro Positioning Tool on the camshaft synchronizer by rotating the tool until it engages the notch in the camshaft synchronizer housing.

CAUTION: A Syncro Positioning Tool must be used during the installation of the new synchronizer assembly. Failure to follow this procedure will result in the fuel system being out of time with the engine, possibly causing engine damage.

Zoom/Print

2. Install the camshaft synchronizer housing assembly so the arrow on the synchronizer alignment tool is 54 degrees from the centerline of the engine.

NOTE: During installation, the arrow on the synchronizer alignment tool will rotate clockwise as the gears engage.

Zoom/Print

3. Install the bolt and remove the Syncro Positioning Tool.

NOTE: Do not remove the Syncro Positioning Tool until the bolt is tightened.

Zoom/Print

4. Install the EGR valve and adapter assembly.
1 Position the EGR adapter gasket.
2 Position the EGR valve.
3 Install the bolts and the nut.

NOTE: Reuse the EGR valve adapter gasket.

Zoom/Print

5. Install the EGR valve tube upper fitting.

Zoom/Print

6. Connect the EGR valve vacuum hose.
7. Install the CMP sensor. For additional information, refer to Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor.

this procedure is done with the engine set at number 1 tdc compression stroke

Roy

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy

any update??

roy
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest