Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Engine stalls below 1000 rpm. No engine light, stalls going

Customer Question
engine stalls below 1000 rpm JA...
engine stalls below 1000 rpm
JA: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?
Customer: no engine light, stalls going into reverse and at stop light
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2006 f150
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: new plugs, cam phaser sensor, fuel pump, o2 sensors , catalytic converters
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: runs just fine otherwise
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
12/10/2017
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Mechanic replied 1 month ago
Pete, Mechanic

How many miles on the truck? After all that work was done was the throttle body cleaned and recalibrated? If not, a dirty t.body will cause your problem.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
261,000 kilometers, how do i re calibrate the throttle body?

What engine do you have?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
5.4

Ok First thing,make sure you have no vacuum leaks. Clean the throttle bore with carb cleaner, you have to remove all carbon and grime from the throttle bore and throttle blade. Next disconnect the battery. With the battery disconnected jump the battery terminals,( cables,) together for 30 seconds. Reconnect and start the engine. Turn off all accessories, start the engine and let it idle for 15 to 20 minutes. Don't put it in gear or turn on any lights or accessories. The idle might go up and down by itself thats normal. Next take it for a test drive for 5 mins. See what happens. You can keep me up to date if you like.

.

Pete, Mechanic