Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

08 Taurus with no heat on passenger side. Coolant level good…

08 Taurus with no...

08 Taurus with no heat on passenger side

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

Yes.Coolant level good and I'm a very experianced shade tree mechanic. Heat good on driver side . Replaced the actuator that is behind the glove box(It had been thumping and upon examination of actuator internals there was a stripped gear.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?

133K on it and it is a spare car so I am doing it. I have heplaced the thumping RH actuator that you need to access thru glove box. Thumping stopped but no heat. This is a dual zone automatic type sysytem

Answered in 1 minute by:
12/8/2017
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

Okay David

while sitting in the car. key on. engine off. operate the passengers' temp control from cold to hot then back to cold, is the actuator moving?

I will have to go out side to test

ok

I can say for certain the function (defrost, heat, dash vent ) actuator moves, I can hear it. Temp? Not sure.

ok, dont worry about the modes. you definitely should be able to hear the temp actuator. compare it to the driver side

Before I installed the new actautor that is very accessable behind the glove box I moved the female rotating plug the actuator fits into. There was no change in temp on passenger side in heat, dash vent, defrost.
I will be back in a sec. I will compare driver vs passenger side
Driver side I can hear a faint mechanical noise when the digital readout is down in the 60 degree range, Very faint. Nothing on passenger side. But I hearing is bad.

ok. you need to remove the actuators connector and check for voltage

here

okay. There are 5 pins there. I have a good multi meter. With a plastic actuator case what pins do I check or should I just see if the actuator works when energized?

standby

That diagram is good. It is night here and the car is parked out side. If I want to check the voltage out in the morning will I have to pay for a new session?
I've learned to quit when it is dark.

nope. this will still be open and i will be right here

Okay. Very nice. I will dig into it in the morning. Thanks. Brian

you bet and please note customer satisfaction is my number one goal and leaving 3 stars or more rating for me will allow us to continue this dialogue until you are completely satisfied.and your vehicle is fixed. you may ask as many questions as you'd like at no extra charges. thank you have a great day

David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic
I'll rate you now . You have been great I do a lot of work on motorcycles for friends so I am able. I'm just trying to take the least console and dash parts off. This car has had hail damage and a deer hit so it is now a spare but I'll dive it vs putting miles on my '15 F150

no problem and thank you. ill be here tomorrow

David Craig
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic