Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How to bleed abs module ford f-350 drw. Changed brake lines…

Customer Question
How to bleed abs...

How to bleed abs module ford f-350 drw

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? And have the brakes been squeaking?

Changed brake lines that were leaking, bled brakes, filled resevoir, rebled brakes...pedle still soft

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your F350?

2002 f350 drw

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Bus shop mechanic helping, treied bleeding ABs modulator need to do it correctly

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not right now

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
12/8/2017
Ford Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

Ford does not have any special bleeding for ABS system. If the system went real low on fluid then you should start with bleeding with engine off only and first bleed the lines at the master cylinder and then RR, LR, LF, RF. If manual bleeding does not work this way then you may need to have system pressure bled with pressure bleeder.

if there is air trapped in abs it will bleed out when you bleed in this order?
did not go real low on fluid, repair small leaks in Rear lines out to wheels from junction block
yes we see no bleeder on on ABS modulator as some sites indicate and also they talk of "computer bleeding"?
is this the same indication as you have of pressure bleeding or part of this process?

Fords system normally does not need ABS bleeding unless the ABS modulator is replaced. Pressure bleeding with computer scanner to enable bleed function would then be needed. I would try first manual bleeding of the master cylinder and wheels and then computer bleeding with a pressure bleeder will be needed.

when do change to replacing the master cylinder if bleeding doesn't work?

If the pedal is real low and cannot be pumped up due to internal master cylinder pistons leaking it will cause a low pedal or pedal will go down slow and not hold complete pedal pressure.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.