Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

91 clubwagon acting though it has no fuel feed. Just changed…

Customer Question
91 clubwagon acting though...

91 clubwagon acting though it has no fuel feed. Just changed all gaskets and can not figure it out

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue? What size is your engine?

Yes, .8

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '91 Ford?

5.8

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, we have checked sensors, line going to transmissions, the pedal and throttlebody is working. It just doesn't feed gas

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, the vehicle starts and stays at a high idle, doesn't matter if you try peddle or throttle body stays the same.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
12/8/2017
Ford Mechanic: Edward, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Have you checked the vacuum line going to the MAP sensor?

map sure it has vacuum at idle, and loses vacuum when you hit the gas, (I know it doesn't rev up but that vacuum source going to the map sensor should.

where is map sensor
from map sensor where does vac line hook too? Yes vac line is attached to map sensor

it hooks to the vacuum tree on top of the intake manifold. going off memory here but I believe it is on the drivers side of the engine. is there any vacuum on it at idle? there should be. Then it drops when you crack the throttle.

can I have a picture of tree it with line hooked up
I also have a vacuum line with copper fitting on it where does it screw into?

can you upload me a picture of your copper fitting and line?

no, but it is a vacuum line that has threaded end on it.
it's got fine threads on it
are you still with me

Yes I am here. give me just a minute .

ok, Edward you are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

looks like a transmission cooler line to me. at the radiator. Did that screw into the engine somewhere? because I've had plenty of these intakes off before and I can't remember it ever being there.

it was on engine, husband took it off all he remembers is it was in a v

has this got after market gauges in it, such as temperature and oil pressure gauges in it?

he said puts him in mind of transmission cooler line but fine threads and 3 foot vacuum line with the screw end. and no has original gauges
It has original guages

Alright, I can't remember where that goes, but I really don't think it's on the intake manifold, it's not power steering pressure line is it? It just doesn't look factory to me.

no on power steering line and ok, where would something like this screw into on engine?
He tore engine down to put in all new gaskets.

I am really not sure, but what is odd is that it is metal and then turns to rubber, I don't believe I've ever seen that on factory ford 5.8 E150 engine. Let me opt out and perhaps another expert can assist on this. Thank you.

thank you, ***** ***** are the best
Ron, ASE Certified Technician