Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

P2006 already changed the actuator same problem persists.

Customer Question
P2006 already changed the...

P2006 already changed the actuator same problem persists

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2005 f150 5.4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, checked operation of flaps manually. And checked for powered and ground at the connector

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
12/8/2017
Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 9 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Ok

Likely there is a broken wire on the IMRC monitor or IMRC control circuit from the IMRC to the PCM.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am an independent FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!

Which wire would I be looking at?

The Light blue/Orange and the Black/ white wires. Pins 3 and 4

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

Should I be running continuity to eCm? What are the pins on eCm? Connector at the actuator looks good

Probably a chaffed wire in the harness. You can check continuity but a better method to load the circuir is to isolate the circuits and supply power down one to light a spare headlamp bulb, or any bulb really. If the bulb lights good then the circuit is good. If the bulb is dim then the circuit is corroded. Let me check on the pin at pcm.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

I will attach a diagram of the connector. The pins are 43 and 50.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

Ok so safe to say that if both these have good light source st the other end of my battery supplied voltage then it would have a bad ecu. If the bulb is dim then a Shaffed wire

Definitly yes on the dim bulb means high resistance in the circuit, usually corrosion. Or no bulb, an open circuit. But if the wires test good I would still make sure the IMRC linkage is hooked up correctly and the flaps in the intake a working correctly before replacing the PCM.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

Have you resolved your problem on this yet? Do you need any more info?

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.