Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2004 Ford Ranger. Both door latches broken and can't open…

Customer Question
2004 Ford Ranger....

2004 Ford Ranger. Both door latches broken and can't open the door. Is there anyway to get in?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm not trying to fix anything yet at this point. I can't get in the truck.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thank you. Just how can I get in without breaking a window.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/7/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

You may want to compare the options of replacing either door glass, the front or rear windshield and no need to break anything right now, just wait until they begin the job and then once they get there then decide how to get in after you decide what glass to replace cause with the front and rear glass you probably won't have to break, just remove. get some online estimates form safelite if they are near you cause they will come out and do it there. https://www.safelite.com/

Did that answer your question? If so, kindly leave me a positive rating, so I get credit. After all, you have already made the deposit.
If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.

Have you decided?